We recently built a web application (several actually) that we needed to work well on tablets. Since the first Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) tablet, the Motorola Xoom, is now out (and since I have one) we were specifically targeting the iPad and the Xoom. Though they both use Webkit based browsers, I ran into a couple of interesting differences between the two.
First off, I used -webkit-user-select:none; to prevent selection of various elements in the ui. This worked flawlessly in Mobile Safari on the iPad but Chrome on Android does not seem to respect it at all.
I’m told that the text symbol issue will probably be fixed in the 2.3 release.